PLEASE NOTE OUR TEMPORARY ADDRESS:
PRESBYTERY OF SOUTH LOUISIANA
250 S FOSTER DR.
BATON ROUGE, LA 70806
WE HAVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES WITH THE USPS AND GETTING OUR MAIL FORWARDED. IF YOU HAVE SENT SOMETHING TO THE OFFICE AND IT HAS BEEN RETURNED WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE SEND TO OUR TEMPORARY ADDRESS. THANK YOU!
With over 140,000 homes damaged across 22 Louisiana parishes, we need the Help and Hope that Presbyterians are well-known for. With the reputation of being the volunteers who stay until the job is done, many communities across the state are counting on us to respond. Even if you can't physically swing a hammer, you can get involved and make a difference! Here's what YOU can do to help:
- Volunteer! Come for a week or a weekend! Our Hammond and Lafayette regional Hubs are already up and running, and Baton Rouge will be operational soon. To schedule a mission trip, call the PDA Call Center today at (866) 732-6121. To volunteer for a day or weekend, contact Caroline at RHINO (Rebuilding Hope in New Orleans) by calling (504) 897-0101 ext. 111.
- Donate! Like it or not, it takes funding to stay for the long haul, and this recovery is expected to take 2-5 years. Your donations will allow us to provide meaningful work for our many volunteers and, more importantly, provide the ability to provide unmet needs for those families with the least resources. To donate, click the Give Now button above or send a check or money order to: Presbytery of South Louisiana, Attn: 2016 Flood Recovery, 250 S. Foster Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806.
- Communicate! One of the greatest needs in this particular recovery is to communicate to our friends around the country that the disaster happened. With very little media coverage, many are unaware of the desperate need. Find more information on the 2016 Flood on our PSL Flood Recovery Webpage or view this video:
- Join our AmeriCorps team! PSL has been awarded 6 AmeriCorps members to serve at our Hammond and Baton Rouge Hubs as Volunteer Coordinators and Site Supervisors. Members can be any age over 18. Members will begin November 28, 2016 and serve a 10-month term. AmeriCorps members receive a monthly living stipend as well as a Segal Education Award at the completion of their service year. For more information or to recommend someone, contact Christina Drake at (225) 685-7708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Encourage! You'd be amazed what a little encouragement can do to keep us going!
Thank you for visiting the Presbytery of South Louisiana! The PSL office sustained significant damage in the 2016 Flood of Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. We are currently in transition to our temporary office site at The Church of the Way Presbyterian Church in Baton Rouge.
In response to to the devastation caused by flooding through out south Louisiana, PSL has hired Christina Drake, formerly of Project Homecoming to spearhead all of our flood recovery efforts. Christina comes to us with invaluable experience in disaster relief in south Louisiana. You may reach Christina at email@example.com. If you have needs caused from flood damage or you have resources you would like to donate or you would like to volunteer, please contact Christina through email or phone, 225-685-7708. Thank you!
If you wish to make a monetary donation to the Presbytery of South Louisiana for flood assistance, you may do so by clicking the link below or scan the QRcode. At this time monetary donations are greatly appreciated due to the varying needs of everyone affected.
If you would like to send a check, please mail it to:
Presbytery of South Louisiana:
250 S Foster Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, we trust in the one triune God, the Holy One of Israel, whom alone we worship and serve.
God comes to us in free and undeserved favor in the person of Jesus Christ who lived, died, and rose for us that we might belong to God and serve Christ in the world. Following Jesus, Presbyterians are engaged in the world and in seeking thoughtful solutions to the challenges of our time.
Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, called to ministry in his name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
More than two million people call the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) their spiritual home. Worshiping in 10,000 Presbyterian congregations throughout the United States, they engage the communities in which they live and serve with God’s love.